OUR FLAGSHIP OFFERING:
The New Warrior Training Adventure – the most recognized modern initiation experience for men in the world (newwarriortraining.org). To date, nearly 50,000 men have attended this intense 48 hour experience. The ManKind Project conducts over 80 New Warrior Training Adventures [NWTAs] per year, relying on communities of men and volunteer staff for logistical support.
View the New Warrior Training Adventure Calendar.
Read Testimonials and Watch Videos.
For Mental Health Professionals: When to refer a man.
This training is led by men certified by the ManKind Project with extensive experience in men’s transformational work. Each process of the weekend is overseen by a team of leaders, providing the highest level of safety and professionalism possible.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE ADVENTURE:
- The Separation – FRIDAY NIGHT: Moving away from the familiar. Team-building, individual and group exercises examine the modern male psyche: accountability, leadership, confrontation, competition.
- The Descent – SATURDAY MORNING: An exploration of authentic male emotion, conflict, purpose, and healthy power. Revisiting life history and stories. Connecting to what lies ahead.
- The Ordeal – SATURDAY AFTERNOON: A challenge to embody fully authentic masculinity, to step into power, to break through barriers, and to experience the full potential of mature manhood.
- The Initiation – SATURDAY NIGHT: Accepting responsibility as a man among men. Exploration of group dynamics, diversity and similarity. A test of solidarity and trust. A welcome into the circle of men.
- The Integration – SUNDAY MORNING: An exploration of legacy, connection, purpose, relationships and intention. Recognizing connections to nature and humanity.
- The Celebration – SUNDAY AFTERNOON: A feast of victory, affirmation, laughter, and community. Begin integrating the learning of the weekend. Wrap up and send-off.
Training averages $675 in the USA. Incudes meals, materials, and accomodations.
Men’s Peer-Facilitated Support Groups – Called “Integration Groups” or “I-Groups”, our circles help men deepen skills for conflict resolution, listening, emotional intelligence, goal achievement, and healthy boundary setting. I-Groups help men find and nurture a healthy, powerful and positive masculinity through the daily transitions of modern life. MKP serves a growing network of nearly 1000 peer support groups meeting weekly or biweekly, serving close to 10,000 men. I-Groups form the heart of our brotherhood, and are frequently open to visitors and guests.
Leadership Training Curriculum – The ManKind Project has created a Leadership Training curriculum that empowers men to live with profound personal integrity and master a wide array of conscious leadership skills. Completion of all Leader Trainings, along with extensive mentoring, peer evaluation, and facilitation experience are prerequisite to sitting for certification as a Training Leader.
The Certification track in the ManKind Project takes several years to complete and is geared toward empowering a diverse group of Leaders to facilitate dynamic experiential processes and to lead teams of men to orchestrate complex multi-day residential programs.
ST1 – Staff Training 1: Dissecting the flow and processes of the New Warrior Training Adventure, men take a deeper look at the archetypes at the heart of our work.
ST1 – Staff Training 2: A deeper examination of the central personal process work on the New Warrior Training Adventure. Multicultural training on racism.
LT1 – Leader Training 1: Learning to lead groups and build strong teams with positive interpersonal relationships. Multicultural awareness training on heterosexism. Seven week follow-up training.
LT2 – Leader Training 2: Holding and handling the burden of leadership. Multicultural training on classism / elitism. ‘Whatever it Takes’ follow-up group.
LT3 – Leader Training 3: Examining the predator and victim within us as leaders. Creating safety. Multicultural training on sexism. Seven week integration training.
I&I – ‘Isms & Issues Training: A highly adaptable multicultural training routinely offered to men and women across the USA. This training is regularly customized to address specific issues at the request of local communities.
Elder Reflection Series – Seven module Elder training program that empowers elders to create a legacy of generosity and cultural impact.
Multicultural Training – Three module training program empowering men to live with awareness of cultural differences and skills to build effective relationships.
New Warrior Training Adventure Logistics:
- New Warrior Training Adventures begin on Friday between 6 and 6:30pm and end on Sunday between 3 and 4pm.
- All meals, materials, and accomodations are included in the cost of the training.
- After Registering, you will be contacted by a man in the training locale you have selected to continue the application process.
If you are ready to register … find the best Date, Location, or Gateway type in the list below, then Click to Register.